Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Top of the mornin' to ya!
Oh, holidays are such fun! Where are the green bagels?







I came to pick up Kate from speech, and she was wearing this hat she (and the teacher) had made. Too funny! She went off to preschool on St. Patricks Day, the next day, wearing it.










When I pick up Kate at lunch time, she will often ask to take a short walk, signing 'bridge' and pointing. So we go back up to the parking lot to get Murphy, who is anxiously wagging his tail in hopes that he will be invited along. Okay, Murph, come on. Then we all head back down to the wooden bridge over the stream.




The other kids on the playground all came running as one kid yelled, "Wolf! I see a wolf!" Kate let them know, "That my dog, Murphy". It wasn't said very clearly, but the other kids seem to understand her just fine. Murphy ran across the bridge and then down into the stream, with water above his chest. He looked like he was at doggy summer camp, and I swear he was smiling.



Kate has slipped a couple times on this hill before, so she usually wants me to carry her down it. She was being adventurous today though.

I wish I had my camera handy when I first picked her up. The playground and climbing structure were covered in green-clad preschoolers. It looked like a bunch of leprechauns.



These are the days, in particular, I love being a parent. When your kids are so funny, and happy, and you know they're making memories they'll look back on fondly. Parties at school or preschool, green frosting cookies and construction paper hats.





"Cheese!" :)

No comments: