Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Day in Pink


We have one more haircut until the few remaining (self-inflicted) short pieces have grown out. Then we can decide whether or not to keep it short, or grow it out. I have enjoyed the shorter hair with blunt bangs on her though.



Happy little cutie.

Ryan saw me taking pictures of Kate and wanted to get in on the act. He has his little black and white kitty as his constant companion.

I love when he hugs her sweetly like this. Is it unrealistic to hope they will always be this close?

Kate hugging her Chinese baby doll. Her baby is usually to play with indoors, but we made an exception for the picture.

Okay, sit next to me baby.
Kate's new thing is "I the mommy, you the gramma". This is usually said with her baby in her plastic shopping cart and a purse over her shoulder. "Come on!" she'll say. "Where are we going?", I ask. "Shopping?" She smiles big and says "Ya! Let go!" and walks off pushing her baby in her cart with "gramma" following behind! "Should we go out to lunch when we're done?" "MmmHmm!" She smiles, happy, that for the moment at least, I'm the gramma and she's the mommy.


Man, it was a long day, and I didn't take a nap!

It is rare that Kate falls asleep in my arms. She is such a light sleeper that if there is any stimulation at all, she stays awake. I like holding her when she's asleep.

No comments: