Monday, August 10, 2009

Time With Dad In Mammoth


While we were hiking to Devil's Postpile and Rainbow Falls, Kevin stayed with Kate and Ryan. Kevin wasn't feeling up to hiking that day, so even though I was disappointed not to have him with us, he offered to take Kate to the park and get an ice cream.



Well, it wasn't long before Ryan joined their party, and opted for food and the park, instead of a hike.

I can tell from the pictures they had fun being together with Dad.













After the park, came the pizza and milkshakes. Ah, life is good.


Boy, it's getting chilly!!



Hold on Dad. Oh, these are beautiful!





Yup, this one right here.
Back in the entry hallway at the condo, Kate practice her skateboard moves.

As one who also had 4 brothers, I remember riding a skateboard, climbing trees and fences, and riding minibikes. Brothers have a way of toughening you up. You've gotta be kind of tough if you want to 'hang out' with them, especially older brothers...cause...they're probably not going to play dolls or Barbies with you.
(Except for my youngest brother who would play with me, my sister Shannon, and our best friends Ingrid & Kendra; go get his G.I. Joe and Big Jim, complete with a Big Jim truck, and pretend he was the next door neighbor, or Barbie's boyfriend! If we were playing in the backyard, he would dig a hole, lay a plastic bag over it, and fill it with water to make a pool for Barbie.
I love men who can do cool stuff around the house!)

No comments: