Thursday, May 10, 2007

So, Are You Ready For Friday?


People keep asking me if I'm prepared for Kate's surgery tomorrow....uh, no?. I mean, I know where to go, at what time, and I know about the feeding, or rather, not feeding rules...she can eat anything until midnight. From midnight until 10:30am., she can have clear liquids like water, apple juice, jello or popsicles, and after 10:30am., nada. I foresee a grumpy, hungry child going in to surgery. So here's my plan...let her stay up late and eat in hopes that she'll sleep in and not be super hungry when she wakes. I'll let you know if my plan works. I anticipate minimal success.

We need to be at Children's at noon, and her surgery is in 1:40. But Kate has no idea that anything special is going on tomorrow. Honestly, it makes me feel kind of guilty that I know she's going to have a very tough day, and she's outside right now happily trying to pull the wagon in her bare feet.

We went and had her pictures taken today at Penneys. She's not the most cooperative model, and she thinks she's a comedian, but if you can get her to sit still long enough to take a picture, she sure is photogenic. The pictures came out really cute. I want her to always know that I thought she was beautiful, even before her surgery. She's my little baby girl. Please pray for Kate tonight...and think of us tomorrow afternoon. Any fingers or toes crossed are welcome. :)


No comments: