Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Dynamic Duo


...or as they are commonly referred to...the wrecking crew. (You'd understand what I mean if you saw the living room at the end of the day!)

It hit me funny when they both came downstairs wearing construction helmets. I cannot think of a more appropriate representation of these two non-stop-action, little people. If it's not one, it's the other.

I think of Kate as having the curiosity (and experiences) of a 10-12 month old, but with the mobility of a 2 year old...this is a high-maintenance combination!

It is interesting to watch her develop and learn, though. Like watching someone on fast forward. For example, I sign and say "HOT", 'be careful' when I give her food that is very warm. Well, one day, I was moving a steaming pot on the stove and she patted my leg a few times, and said, "Mommy, Mommy, Ha, Ha" and signed 'HOT' as if trying to warn me to be careful. (That's right! Good girl, it's hot!) She also uses the sign for 'water' to mean 'I want a drink','let's go in the pool', and 'I want to go back in the ocean'. Pretty smart. (She'll usually point to what she has in mind.)







On one of her sign language dvds is a song to teach the 'boy' or 'girl' sign. She was on my lap as I sang with the dvd, "I'm a girl, I'm a girl, yea" and I held one of her arms up on the 'yeah!' part. Well, Kate throws both of her arms up and yells "YEAH!" I started laughing. That's right - you're a girl!! YEAH!! :)



No comments: