Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Boys Are Back in School!


Okay, I hate to admit it, but I was humming, "Oh what a beautiful mornin', oh what a beautiful day, I got a wonderful feelin', everything's goin' my way..." :)

With the onset of the school year (which, by the way brings the blog up to late August :) comes the new soccer season for Colton, with a game every Saturday. Bryson is enrolled in classes at the Community College, Brendan began middle school, Colton is in 3rd grade, and Ryan is in preschool. Whew! That leaves Mommy and Kate home alone 2 mornings a week.

I'm never quite sure which time is easier/harder...the summertime when they're all home and I get to enjoy their company, and they can stay up & sleep in, but there's more meals to make, laundry, driving, etc., or when they're at school and I have some time during the day, but have to get everyone up early, drive everyone to school and back and have homework/papers due.









Kate helped Ryan acclimate to his first day in a new preschool. It was interesting to see how comfortable she is among a lot of kids. Since this first day, the routine is that Kate is in the room and seated at an activity table before Ryan and I have literally gotten through the door! Ryan's teacher thinks it's very cute. I then try to get Ryan situated and wisk Kate back out the door before she gets paint or glue on herself (which is usually the table she heads straight for!) She definitely "gets" what this whole preschool thing is about, and I can already tell, will enjoy it greatly when she's big enough to go.





Kate cruising the "house" area of the classroom. Hmmm...Nice stove...love the vacuum!









Ryan's first day.






Brendan used to be in this exact room for preschool! It looks a bit different, and now has A/C! His teacher is still there. :)

No comments: