Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First trip to the park…I’m allergic to sand!!



Kate and I met a friend at the park. Sounds benign enough, doesn’t it? I don’t know if Kate had ever been out to the playstructure at the SWI. She did not look comfortable at this park, and let us know she was pretty sure she was deathly allergic to sand, and that she did not want the sand to come in contact with her person in any way, shape or form. No, no, no, not even the shoes…do not get sand on the squeaky shoes…not one little granule. If you insist on trying to stand me up in the sand, I will refuse to put my feet down, and act as if my legs are made of spaghetti….cooked spaghetti. I will also cry, and I know neither of us wants that. So just pick me up, and no one will get hurt, okay? And no sand. No.

(The friend at the park with us is Chris. I met her when she worked at Adoption Options, our homestudy agency. She was excited to meet the little one that she had helped to bring home from China.) Kate evolved far enough to play with a toy that touched the sand, as long as she did not come in contact with the sand...ya know, what with her sand allergy and all. :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohooo, park time fo sho.
Sounds fun.
She looks happy enough for being suspended above the deadly sand.
=D

<3

Brian and Darin said...

Heather - I absolutely LOVE the picture of you and Kate where you're holding her, looking at the camera and she's looking off at something like she's completely surprised (second shot up from the comments link). That one deserves a frame! :-)

D