Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Pumpkin Time!


Kate and Ryan in a sea of pumpkins!

It's mid-October...must be time to go to the pumpkin patch!




Kate, Ryan and cousin Theodore. Ryan and Theodore are only 8 days apart in age. He is also one of 4 boys! His easy-going personality gets along well with Kate (and Ryan).








Unlike last year when it was quite chilly, this year we went during a heat wave with the Santa Ana winds blowing. This October has just been one Santa Ana after another. I'm ready for some cool fall weather.


I didn't tell Kate to sit down...she just walks over to the bales of hay, sat down, folded her hands and smiled up at me. :) It was funny because usually when taking her picture, it's all I can do to get her to look at me/the camera.


Mommy and pretty Kate.




Even though it was going to be warm, I put Kate in pants because last year she cried from the hay scratching her legs. It was so bright, Ryan kept borrowing my sunglasses!





3 year old Kate with a silly smile.


Buddies, Colton and Kate, ready for school. Kate doesn't really take a backpack, she just likes to wear it.





Is it just me, or is this picture a glimpse into Kate's teenage years?


It makes me smile to see her wearing her Dora backpack that is so big it goes past her rear end! She doesn't care though. She packs it with all different things...her stuffed cat, a coloring book, her tea set, or food. Once I couldn't find the bag of lunch meat, and found it 2 days later with some string cheese and a yogurt in her backpack. She must've been planning a picnic.


No comments: