Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chinese New Year - in February




On Sunday afternoon we celebrated Chinese New Year at our friend Lisa's house down the street. She and her husband have two beautiful daughters from China. It was a potluck buffet, and there was so much good food, I'm sure I came home weighing a couple pounds more than when I had left our house.

I think there was probably 15 little Chinese girls there, only 1 or 2 of which actually had Chinese parents! Most little girls (and a few of the parents) were decked out in traditional Chinese dresses, and looked very sweet. (Kate being the cutest, of course!) Chinese music played in the house. Did I mention there was a ton of great food?? It was a very happy, cheerful environment, and felt like a celebration of these beautiful girls in our lives.

Kevin plays a game with Kate and Ryan...he hugs them and when they try to walk away, he grabs them and pulls them close again, as they giggle. Then to shake things up a bit, after a few times of this, he lets them get a bit away, and they will turn around to look at him, like, aren't you going to grab me?? which he does as they squeal with laughter.




Kate feels secure when the boys hold her, and goes to them when she's tired or needs comfort. This is Kate with Brendan.



















The two giggle boxes with Dad "trying" to get away. I love the look on Kate's face in both these pictures.










Ryan talked Kate into climbing up the ladder and going down the slide, assuring her that he would help her. "Come on Kate!"







Naked feet on the grass...It's been a busy year!




As the afternoon went on, shoes and socks came off, pigtails began to droop, and her shirt with it's traditional closures refused to stay "buttoned".






I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the day.



My mommy says I'm 'very 2 1/2!'



It's a good day when you're with your big brother, and you know he loves you.

No comments: