Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wanna Hear Something Funny?


*Kate goes into the dvd cabinet (which she's not supposed to do), and out of all the dvds, (and there's a lot), she pulls out two, and points, not to the TV, but to the dvd player. I look at the dvds now in my hand, and they are Mulan (which she has never seen) and Big Bird Goes to China (which she's only seen once!). No, I am not kidding. I just looked at her, like this was a joke, or something, and only said, 'What the...?' (Okay, am I being videotaped? Where's the camera?) The boys were not in the room, or I would have thought they had handed them to her. She stood there waiting, and I guess I took too long because she went and got two more dvds...the 2 sign language dvds. Coincidence?


*In the church nursery last Sunday, the teacher said that Kate played with the babydoll and stroller. She laughed as she told me how Kate did not have one baby, but rather two babies, each in their own stroller. In each stroller she had placed the baby, a blanket, with their bottle, a toy, and a snack for them. She tried to push two (separate) strollers with a purse over her shoulder.....
..and a cellphone held up to her ear...Hi! Hi...uh-huh. Hi. (Okay, technically, she was holding the phone backwards, but that's still pretty funny.)

(Anyone who knows me well can picture the joy and laughs I got out of that. She's just like her Mommy!)


*We're driving home from Vacation Bible School, and Kate is making her 'Ryans' bugging me' fussing sound. Now you have to visualize this...I look in my rear-view mirror, and there is my darling little Ryan's little face, looking just as sweet as pie, looking out the windows. I turn around to tell Kate we'll be home soon, and what do I see but Ryan reaching over to her car seat with the tip of one pointer finger touching her sippy cup in her hands, as if it were glued there, and him, trying to look casually around as if he has no idea that anything is amiss. He seemed to be completely enjoying that she was flipping out with so little effort on his part. Oh, brotherly love. Oiy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He he he...Gloria walks around too with a purse over her shoulder! She also knows to point the remote to the TV and she loves to walk around with my cell phone to her ear. Gee- where do kids learn this stuff- surely not their parents! haha.

Alison =)