Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Photos of Kate - 13 months!



Again, on Yahoo, I get lucky as I read someone's email on the list saying that they had been in Changchun with a large missionary group working at the orphanage only 3 months earlier, and they had lots of pictures of the kids living there! (Of course, I cannot resist emailing her and asking if possibly she remembers seeing our daughter.) The next morning, there are 11 emails, 10 of which have a picture attached of Qiu Lu...our little Kate at 13 months! Here she is in the middle with a couple of her buddies, posing for pictures. I only wish it were Mommy holding her, but I was grateful for this little piece of her history, and to know what she looked like. I was not surprised to find they had shaved her little baby head in the summer heat.


Kate, being held by a young girl from the same orphanage.

Kate, 13 mo., (on right) being held by teenage volunteer-workers from the states. They affectionately called her "Lu-Lu", and rumor has it she was one of the favorites with them, so was often carried around. She is in at least a dozen pictures with them!

No comments: